To install Google Analytics you will need to edit your Tag Manager container and carry out the following steps:
- Create a new variable of type "Google Analytics Settings"
- Enter your tracking ID
- You can optionally configure custom dimensions and metrics under the advanced settings here too, but you will need to create them in Google Analytics first.
- Create a new tag of type "Google Analytics"
- Set the "Tracking Type" to "Pageview"
- Select the variable created in step 1 for the "Google Analytics Settings" value
- Add a trigger of type "All Pages"
- You can optionally choose the "Page View" type and set conditions on when the tag fires